Last 23 October I had the time of my life. I got to learn how to cook bacon in so many ways, special thanks to #BaconfestMNL. We were in an intimate test kitchen location – Back of the House in Quezon City and San Miguel (Purefoods) Chef RJ Garcia was there to teach us.
I didn’t know that I can incorporate bacon in other dishes. Scroll below and choose the one you can try at home.
Let us start with an appetizer – Liver Bacon Wrap
- Purefoods Thick Cut Spicy Barbecue Bacon
- Liver, cleaned
- Olive Oil
- Truffle Oil
- White Wine
- Mango Puree Alfalfa Sprouts
How to cook:
- Season your liver with salt and pepper
- Wrap liver with bacon
- Secure with toothpicks
- Pan fry/sear the bacon rolls until cooked.
- Add White Wine, simmer. Let it reduce and fry once more.
- Set aside.
- Assemble your plate by spreading the mango pure at the bottom, add your bacon rolls, sprinkle the alfafa sprouts and then add truffle oil.
The earthy flavor of the liver went well with the spiciness of the bacon as well as with the sweetness of the mango puree. Oooh! I can eat all of them.
On to the Soup – Seafood Bacon Soup
- Mixed Seafoods – Crab, Fish, Mussels, Shrimp
- Mirepoix – Onion, Celery, Carrots
- Tomato Sauce (Chunky)
- Salt & Pepper
- Purefoods Honey Roasted Thick Cut Bacon
How to cook:
- Sautee mirepoix mix
- Add canned tomatoes and paste
- Add seafood, shells, and crab
- Simmer until the fish is tender
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add Bacon.
And lastly, the pasta.
The highlight of this dish would be the Gremolata and the mushrooms. I never thought I could enjoy an oil based pasta. This time we used the Honey Roast Thick Cut Bacon.
Big white plates are perfect food canvass, I am thinking to invest on my own. I am beyond thankful to #Baconfestmnl for having me over and for teaching me this recipes.
As of this writing, I have consumed this 5kg bacon, of course I sent them to my family.