I rode a cab the other day and surprisingly the driver has great insights about the Philippine economy.
But before I continue my story let me show you my latest jelly case that I bought for only less done a buck (P40).
Back to my story….
In metro manila commuters suffer from heavy traffic, long train lines, flood, power interruptions, and so on. One’s day can be ruined by all these factors, and being a cab driver, he shared the same sentiments of his fellow citizen including me.
Here are the things he suggested.
– suggest the government to face out cars which are more than ten years old.
– families could only have a maximum of three cars
– banks should be more cautious in granting car loans
– government should create more public transportation
– vanish multiple PUV companies, government can own it
– build more fly overs and skyways
– have a key city for each function
Drugs and Child Trafficking
– death penalty should be available
– drug users/pushers should be killed
– abolish all policemen and train new blood
– criminal case can be filed against to children starting 12 years old
– no mercy for Filipinos who broke the law outside the country
According also to him, Martial Law was a brilliant idea and Ferdinand Marcos is a hero. Anyone can impose such laws just as long no one will abuse it.
As for the corruption issue, every politician should be discreet in taking away money from the citizens, project first, then the remaining money could be theirs.
I was blown away by his principles, he could run a position in the government but I have a doubt that my nation will remain the same.
I still have hopes, though.
Any fellow countrymen reading this? What are your thoughts?
It was a blissful ride to my meeting venue.